Maschine Drum Patterns

Share new Circuit Sample Sets Here
Nig

Maschine Drum Patterns

Post by Nig » Thu Sep 01, 2016 8:26 pm

I thought I'd try something a little different with this set to try some experiments with sample flipping, so I created some drum loops with Maschine, then sliced them in Ableton. There are actually six drum loops in total, four are just one bar, sliced in 1/8ths and two are two bars sliced in 1/16ths and they sort of work. There's a few clicks where the slicing has cut reverb or delay tails or where some of the kicks I used were a bit long. With some more experimentation I could probably tidy these up, but for now they'll do as a first try;-)

As this is the first time I've really tried this in anger and I wasn't sure how it was all going to work out, the zip is just the circuit sysex file tho', TBH I spent so much time faffing about with Ableton and trying to export the wav files, it all ended up a bit messy with files all over the place so adding them in seemed a bit too much like hard work! I really need to re-record the loops and spend a bit of time experimenting with various slicing options to see what comes out.

In the meantime, have a play and I hope you like:-)
Attachments
Masch_Drum_Patts_sampleset.zip
(1.4 MiB) Downloaded 186 times